Size: 1200 – 1400 sqft
Features: 2 Beds + 2 Baths
Congrats to Kelly for selling this unit at 12 South Lexington, my personal favorite condominium building in town. Its modern, industrial styling combined with green features, solid construction and central downtown location is unbeatable.
Here is how listing agent, Kelly Erin-Spinney, describes it, “Modern/Contemporary condo downtown living at its best! Bright, open 2 bedroom, 2 bath, high ceilings-great light-loft feel. Juliet balconies, granite, bamboo-hardwood, stainless steel appliances, gas range & deeded secure parking available. Smoke Free-Pet friendly building with low HOA dues. Lease in Place. Roof top terrace-views of Downtown Asheville & beautiful mountains.”
Want to see more of this listing? Click Here
Give us a call to help you sell your vintage modern, contemporary, industrial condo or home to a targeted audience.
This modern, downtown mixed-use building was created as a quality, low-maintenance structure that respects Asheville’s historic architecture. 12 South Lexington, designed by Camille-Alberice Architects was completed in 2007 and recently added to the list of architecturally successful new buildings in downtown. Overlooking Pack Square and Patton Avenue, the 7-story building includes 2 commercial spaces, 43 residential condos and 49 parking spaces.
Green and Sustainable features:
- Considered a smart growth project because the site was an underutilized parking lot and not a green space.
- A great majority of the materials used in the building are recyclable:
The steel frame for the building was manufactured from over 200 recycled automobiles.
The steel stud framing is also manufactured from recycled steel.
- The lower roof is sodded to absorb rainwater, provide insulation and protect the inner roof membrane.
- The wood floors are primarily of bamboo, a sustainable, harvested material.
- The thermal envelope of the building exceeds the building code requirement by approximately 14%.
- Aluminum, double-paned glass windows and doors, lower the energy costs for homeowners and HOA alike and can be opened to take advantage of Asheville’s fantastic weather and reduce the need for AC.
- Parking decks under the units reduces the footprint of the building.
Posted in Condominiums, Downtown Modern Tour, For Sale - Condominiums, Modern Architecture and Interiors, Modern Asheville Real Estate
Tagged architecture, asheville, condo, condominium, design, downtown, for sale, green, modern, Real Estate, retail